As some of you know, we are getting very excited about to going to the Association for Behaviour Analysis International Conference (https://www.abainternational.org/welcome.aspx) later this month (14th and 15th November 2017). We’re really looking forward to it, but we thought you might be interested to hear what we will be doing while we are there. There won’t be much downtime – we have registered to attend some workshops, starting at 7am on day one. As well as specific topic workshops there are lectures, paper presentations and small group discussions to keep us busy!
Wondering what the workshops are about?
We are all scheduled to go to different workshops so we can absorb as much information about as many topics as possible. These are the official titles for each workshop, with some sounding more complicated than others!
- Using a Reinforcement based Treatment Package to Increase Food Acceptance
- Using Play-Based Discrete Trials to Teach Infants, Toddlers, and Pre-schoolers With Autism and Developmental Disabilities
- The Acquisition of Behavioural Cusps as the Basics to Develop Language
- Using Motivational Interviewing Techniques to Alter Motivating Operations and Increase Parent Engagement in ABA Therapy
- Speech Science for the Behaviour Analyst: Behavioural Tricks to Remediate Speech Errors
- Incorporating Mindfulness Strategies in Behavioural Parent Training for Caregivers of Children with Autism and Developmental Disabilities
- ·Recent Research on Teaching Children With a Diagnosis of Autism
- Integration of Automatic and Social Reinforcement Interventions in Applied Settings: A Framework for Addressing Dual Diagnosis
So that brings us to lunchtime on day 1 !
After lunch there are a huge number of conferences to choose from, covering a wide variety of topics, people presenting journal articles, panel discussions and poster presentations of recent research.
After a good nights sleep, on day two, we kick off at 8am (an extra hour in bed!) The day follows the same structure of the afternoon for the first day. There will be many conferences, papers being presented, and panel discussions. If you are interested, you can see all of the information here https://www.abainternational.org/events/program-details/event-detail.aspx?intConvId=49&by=Day&date=11/14/2017#divMastrTopBanner0
We can’t wait to come back and tell you all about everything we have learnt! I’m off to buy a new note pad!